Sunday 5 April 2020

All going to Slann so far

 With all the time on my hands it has to be said I am making great headway into completing my 6mm Slann army, but first:


3 angry nerds and a drum machine, what's not to like?.

My 6mm  Slann army for my
Project are coming along at a fair old clip, today I managed to complete all the forces skirmishers as well as a bit of a skinthammer piece I have been planning since I ordered the minis for the force (and I nicked it from the Sprinklings sssshhhh). Heres today's output:

 How I spent my Sunday.

4 bases of slingers.  

Slann are only known for one missile weapon in Warhammer, namely the blowpipe. However as I am using historical minis to build the army I am using what's available. So my force is using slings instead. So there!.

 Venom tribe warriors, described in canon as 'distinguished by their slightly smaller size and by their red and black patterning'. 'By an adaptation of nature these Slann exude a poisonous mucus which enables them to poison their weapons' ( taken from Warhammer armies)


they seem like a fun troop type to use in the army. On a practical note the figures were a pig to work with. I have heard negative murmurings about irregular miniatures 6mm range but have found it to be fine and rather charming. However these sculpts seemed to be really hard to decipher the details on, making painting a frustrating guessing game at times.

When I was planning the army I decided I had to have a big beastie or two , luckily being a parent there were loads of cheep plastic dinosaurs knocking around the sprinkling toy boxes they would never miss!. This army is loosely based around 1st to 3rd edition Warhammer Slann army lists, however I have always had a soft spot for these fellas:


Not the lizard men types, the ruddy great Dinosaur!!!!. So I had to have one in the army. I was going to build a howadah but in the end couldn't be arsed.

 Aawwww, ain't he cute!!!!.. here's a picture of the repainted Dino (I've named him Clive) next to the original toy.


And finally a picture of the force so far, just some elite units and the force commander to do and the army will be done!.


As ever stay safe and make the best of the extra gaming time.....


.....'till next time......

6 comments:

  1. Fine looking army - Clive is the cherry on the cake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jack, I'm rather fond of the big lug, which probably means he will die first in every game he takes part in!.

      Delete
  2. Coming along nicely.... Good work raiding the kid's toybox.. after all you probably bought it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much sir, I do love a rummage in the toy box for ideas, it's an amazing source of inspiration. Of course I'm talking to the master when it comes to this subject!.

      Delete
  3. A fine looking army and Clive looks splendid!

    ReplyDelete