Wednesday 21 December 2022

Pike, one block of

  Hello all, long time no blog and all that (6 months, bloody Nora!). I couldn't let the end of the year  pass by without putting digit to screen. I've not been completely bone idle hobby wise this whole time, I will try to do a 'what I've painted while I've been away' post before the end of the year but I had some precious minutes of daylight this afternoon so had to get some snaps of my latest 'throwpaintatsomethingandhopeforthebest' effort while I had the chance.

  I was recently looking at my half finished (and in some cases half started) bits a week or so ago and came across my 15mm Italian wars stuff. I had previously painted a single pike block for it about half a lifetime ago ( well January) you can see it's original form over here. It struck me that it needed longer pikes, it was too small and needed rebasing for the rules I intend to use it for. 

 So now after rearming, reinforcing and rebasing it looks like this:






 Sorry about the dim pictures, the light was rapidly buggering off. I'm really pleased with the way they have turned out, so much so I may even paint another one!. The pikes were originally dress making pins which were 1) too small to read as pikes at 15mm scale and C) bloody deadly to anyone that tried to handle them. I saw this post and after the great brush hunt (otherwise known as a trip to Wickes) I promptly nicked all his ideas. I think it looks more like the period length of pike (3-7 meters apparently) and they are far kinder on the fingers, they even ping back into shape if knocked which is a plus. Anyway 


 To the lot of you, I hope you and yours have a great festive period and with a bit of luck I will post again within the next 6 months!...


...'till next time...

7 comments:

  1. An impressive block of pikes which would have to be handled with care on the tabletop. Lots of spikes to jab fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they were pretty 'jabby' to say the least. The new pikes are great, they even spring back into shape

      Delete
  2. Great looking unit Mr Sprinks - Happy Festive Season to you and House Sprinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you sir, and a merry Christmas to all at chez Tar

      Delete
  3. Great to see you back mate. These look bloomin' awesome. Have a great Crimbo. We're 4 years behin on the podcast schedule now :O ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloody hell, at this rate we will be doing a 5year anniversary show as episode 1 (actually that sounds pretty funny). It's good to be back.

      Delete
    2. The 'Episode 1 five year anniversary as to the first discussion of the podcast uhhh...episode 1' has a certain ring to it I feel.
      Can we record it on your coffin desk thing?

      Delete