Sunday 14 October 2018

Sprinks independent Traders!

Theres been a whole lot of thinking going on around these parts, which normally spells either work or trouble for yours truly (or both!). I have been pondering this new setting and stuff for a while. One of the rules i imposed on myself when i went through what i'm referring to as The Changination was no new minis would be procured to build the new lands nations. This is o.k. and all as far as it goes but when i started it i had in mind some late medieval style forces, im a fan of the pikeee and shottttteee era (i think thats how you spell it) and would like to move the forces into the early to mid 17th century. Along these kinda lines:

(image from Art of Warre)

(image from Quora)

(image from honour and the sword)

So most forces would be based around pike blocks and musketeers with artillery support. I will add militia forces for interest and i want the nobility to still trust in plate armour and horse barding in the face of these advances. With this in mind i need to get hold of some new minis!!. Stuff like:



(all images from the most holy text of Plastic soldier review)

I already have some of what i need but will have to get more to make this happen....so whats a pillock to do?. Well, as i am not spending out on new minis i thought i would sell off some now unsuitable bits and bobs to fund it. To this end i have dipped my toe into the vortex like black hole of all things consumerist that is Ebay to try to raise the cash (you can see my sales page here. For now i have listed some lots to see how things go but if all goes to plan i will be putting more lots on in the near future (whispers of Hat El Cid Spanish, Caesar sea people and Revell Normans carry on the breeze....). Feel free to pop over for a browse if you have 5 mins to kill.

...'till next time.....

6 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm having a lookee right now.
    Pike blocks from Pike and Shawt (that's right I think) are hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your most welcome to peruse sir Duc. I know what you mean about pike blocks, nothing looks better on the table IMHO....well maybe a steam tank or two!.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, wrote something wrong in the previous comment. I am interested in your El Cid Spanish infantry if you want to sell them.
    Funny that you're showing interest in 17th century just today, because yesterday evening, I watched a documentary about The 30 Years war, and started to read once more the books I have on the subject (as you can see on my blog - currently reading section) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thirty years war along with the English civil war are the main inspiration for the switch in era Phil, I have been researching these recently too!. If you are interested in the Spanish drop me an email at sprinksisdead@gmail.com and I will send you a picture of what I have.

      Delete
    2. Or sprinklesisdead@gmail.com to use the full address :)

      Delete