Sunday 29 March 2020

A challenge sirs (or siress)

As we are all staying safe inside for now I was trying to think up ways to do my bit to get everyone to keep their collective chins up, but first:
Oooohh, I do love a bit of rocket from the crypt!!.

So, the loose idea to is to create a warband from the spare minis we have in our collections we will never get around to painting, but with a twist. What if we all picked out a mini and then mailed it to someone picked at random for them to paint, they will then mail the finished piece to another person chosen at random who will come up with a name and a few lines of background for the figure. Once all this is done everyone involved gets to vote on who painted the best mini or came up with the best background (or something) and this person gets to keep the finished warband.
 We would have to discuss scale and loose period/ setting for the finished warband but it could be a bit fun of  to pass the time and create some discussion away from the current situation we all find ourselves in. Just an idea anyway, let me know in the comments if you would be up for it.



.....'till next time....

5 comments:

  1. Ah'm in sir!
    I might even have picked the classic Citadel mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jolly good, I'm intrigued to see what you've found....

      Delete
  2. I've challenged myself to get a small box of figures, that have been sitting on the table for YEARS, finally painted. We shall see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a worthy challenge mate, good luck with it, I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Also a mysterious package arrived from the Emerald isle this morning....

      Delete
    2. That's good news - I was worried about the delivery with the virus and all!

      Delete