Saturday 11 July 2020

One down....

Just one of those quick posts to show you what I have been mucking about with. But first (as is customary in these parts):


Is it grunge?, Is it hardcore?, Is it doom?...

First up I finally got my proverbial finger out and finished my 2mm medieval armies for my 




Ridgers and crimpers in perfect harmony (it won't last!)
 Ridgers arrayed to fight for the 'upper crust'!.

Crimpers ready to defend the 'side of crusts everywhere'!.

I have colour coded the armies and units to make them easy to distinguish on the table (they are bloody small). I can tell them apart due to the arrangement of the bases but if I'm doing battle reports I think the coding will help. I will explain all when I write up the first game (soon....honest!).

Also I received a nice new bunch of shiny miniatures for another planned campaign. 

It's a shiny wonderland!!!!

It's a 'small' pile of 10mm Pendracken renaissance miniatures...I may have plans. I decided I could run my pastry based campaign while painting the above so I can seamlessly bounce from the conclusion of one to the start of the next....what could possibly go wrong?. Here's my first attempt at painting some of the above:




The flags are my first attempt at hand painted banners, I think they turned out ok (also you can hide mistakes by rippling them the right way to hide them!). Hopefully I will have some more units done for my next post......




....'till next time.....

3 comments:

  1. Put out more Flags! That'll impress the Natives...!
    Plenty of activity Chez Sprinks and all looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Jack. I do like the 'too many flags' look of the Elizabethan period. I reckon three is just about enough for the scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That unit of pikes looks the business - they'll frighten the wotsit out of any cavalry

      Delete