Sunday 12 May 2019

Warbands almost done!

 Soooo I wait 25 or so years then smash out two rival warbands in just under two weeks!. It has also not been too much of a chore (i will go as far as saying i may have enjoyed it) and the fruits of my labours have given me two usable forces for an upcoming narrative campaigning type thing rattling around the ol' noggin. Here are the latest editions to the forces:


Force 1 archers forward and twain.


Force two missile types one side an' 'tuther (basing pending!).

 I also painted up a leader for each force:

 The infamous Lawman Filthy Harold.

Rear shot.

And his nemesis the cad, bounder and all round vile cur, the man of mystery known only as 'The  Crimson Git'.

Aft.

  So there you have it, as before i am after a table top standard so am not too bothered if some bits are a bit rough, there is bound to be stuff to improve on!, Please feel free to offer any advice and tips below!.

  All that remains is to welcome Mr Tradgardmastre ( of the fantastic The Duchy of Tradgardland blog) to this messed up little corner of the interbobs that is Wronghammer.  Welcome to you sir!.

....'Till next time......


Fugazi 'In on the Kill Taker'. (American Punk gone very right!!)

10 comments:

  1. Loving the 'Crimson Git'. In fact, I may even have been called that in my time.
    And Fugazi? Excellent - it's the Crimson Git's favourite band I think. I can see punk played with out of tune lutes and pig's bladders in the fantasy version.
    Painting excellent by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sir, can't get the thought of a peasant punk band with lute, flute and the rest. That would have been a risky time to bust out 'god save the queen'!.

      Delete
  2. Great warriors i like them much,
    They aré perfect for you wargames like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, I hope to get them on the table very soon.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the welcome. I so like your Airfix Robin Hood archer in hood ( if that is what he is) he is great. Altogether a bunch of fellows who mean business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No probs sir, its great to have you. Well spotted on the airfix mini, one of my favorites, I could not leave him out.

      Delete
  4. Yup, I'll be rooting for the Crimson Git... he's a cool dude. I suggest painting up a minstrel figure to go before him singing his praises. Nice brushwork as well, it can be very relaxing if it doesn't become a chore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'The git he ran away, away' i like it. I reckon he's between bards at the mo, they keep 'loosing their heads' mysteriously!!. (Like a certain rock bands exploding drummers).

      Delete
  5. Great work Mr Sprinks - I am also loving the Crimson Git. Looks like he probably appreciates a few pints of gutrot cider before he goes out bashing the peasantry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Jack. Actually you're not far off the theme I am working on for this lot with the cider...

      Delete