Sunday 30 December 2018

Mrs Sprinks, Legend.

   So today I turned 40, and my wife decided she would mark the occasion with the perfect birthday prezzie:

RRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

  Good ol' Space Crusade, one of the three games produced by Games workshop and MB games at the turn of the 90s (when i was just the right age for them). This versions not mint (but pretty tidy) but as far as im concerned its a box of mid life crisis the whole family can get into.....in fact me and the Sprinklings sprinted down stairs to get it out and set it up:

 One Space hulk, ready for raiding!.


And i found out what you call a collective of Space Orcs.....

........A conga of Orcs! (who knew?).

If your not sure what im babbling about check this piece of nineties bobbins for an idea:

  

     This may be featuring in future blog posts, i can feel it in me water!.......


......Anyway, till next time.......

13 comments:

  1. HAHA nice one - and happy birthday mate.
    I have been known to slag off Hames Nerkslop in my time, but that looks like a nice set up.

    I'm 50 in January so can therefore remember:
    When White Dwarf was a 'proper' RPG magazine.
    When Hames Nerkslop did 'proper' games like re-printing Runequest 2.
    When Citadel Miniatures had the bases attached to figures.

    Why in my day, we had to use pencils and graph paper, and Space Marine wasn't a trademark.

    Bah...kids today ...rant...rant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday for next month sir!. I have been known to have the odd blames kurbstomp rant myself. Indeed I'm 10 years behind but still remember them turning out original material (dark future, blood bowl, man o war, epic etc) rather than x edition of the same old same old!. White dwarf produced articles that would later be gathered into rulebooks not just snippets of the latest release etc. At least we have age of stigma these days! (Shudders)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! At first sight, I read "I turned 40k" which seemed ok with Space Marine :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. 40k would explain why I feel so damn old! :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday !
    Question is..where is airlock 47?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir!. Airlock 47?, just after airlock 46. If you see airlock 48 you've gone too far! :-)

      Delete
  4. Aye - Age of Stigma. I once joked with a mate (who LOVES James Berkslop still) that he could use his dinner plates as stands for the new scale Age of Stigma miniatures - due to their size. ...he didn't laugh...
    Then I tried to tell him that dinner plates would be cheaper. Still nothing.
    Then I japed that he could use any miniatures for Warhammer 40k, rather than taking out a second mortgage ...he threw me out of his house.

    Rant...rant...rant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once built an imperial guard army for £10 out of 'green' army men from the local pound shop. Apparently it wasn't ' torment legal'!. The local club rules lawyer actually turned purple!. Good times...

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday and congrstulations for such superbe gift from Mrs Sprinks!!!
    i also had Space Crusade.. my frist ever contact with year 40.000 , space Marines and so on. later i disvvered much more , and not only three colours-chapter!,!. i can feel some tears running down!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sceavus. Glad you also had space crusade. It really is a right laugh to play and brings back lots of fun memories.

      Delete