Friday 19 March 2021

Ordonnance Ordonnance ( and more Swiss)

 After a slight mid project slump (is it just me that gets them?) I have got back to the brushes and knocked out some more units for my 10mm Burgundian wars stuff:


The Burgundians so far.


Ordonnance for the Ordonnance army!.


Another angle of the guns.


Handguns ready to bring the black powder based fury!.


I also painted some Swiss missiles in the form of some crossbow men. (After painting and basing them I then made the brilliant decision to drop them!. Cue a ton of swearing and regluing).


The complete collection so far...having a small falling out.

In other news my 15mm dark age forces got a run out, as ever my opponent was Sprinkling three: the revenge, who continued his hot streak by beating me yet again!. Here's a few pictures from my latest humiliation!.


My brave force of Normans ready to finally beat the 9 year old lead Saxon terror.


Norman warriors getting minced!.


The brave Saxon Champion 'not hiding'.


The tactical genius that is Sprinkling Three: the revenge!.


My loyalist fyrd running away!.


Norman Knights act all big.


Archers take up position on the bridge.


My leader failing to give the 'not hiding' Saxon Champion what for!.


Cake as makeshift terrain.


Saxon reserves ready to cause my downfall. Sprinkling Three calls their formation 'the train of pain'.


My champion is felled by both Saxon leaders!. This was the final act of the game sealing a well earned victory for the lad. I'll get him some time!.

...'till next time...


8 comments:

  1. Both your 10mm and 15mm are impressive, but how can paint so fast ? For a former non-painter wargamer, I find you changed a lot !! All hail Sprinkling III :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil, you know I can't give away my speed painting secrets, I will loose a my mystique!. (And you will be disappointed).

      Delete
  2. Your Burgundian war units look impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm having lots of fun painting them.

      Delete
  3. Superb work. the 15mm battle is excellent. I would cut the young lad's pocket money if he keeps winning, to be fair.
    I love that 15mm bridge by the way - epic pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers muchly. The bridge is actually some aquarium furniture, you can find them pretty cheap on eBay. It does scale nicely. As for the boy I would ground him but...

      Delete
  4. It's worrying when they start beating you. Splendid looking forces too. I get mid project peaks among the slumps at the moment , and those are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would claim I was going easy on him but the truth is far more embarrassing!.

    ReplyDelete