Monday 25 May 2020

2mm medievals


Hello all, hope you are all keeping well. This is just a quickie to show you what I have been mucking about with. But first:


Hey look kids, it's the 90's!

So what have I been mucking about with?.

 2mm scale medievals!. These are some test units for a campaign I may actually finally do.

 Here's some Knights having a bit of a charge about the place. 2mm is great for making realistic sized units

 These are from the horse and musket range being used as ranked longbows.

 Some leve foot. If I can put together another 3 or 4 of these units I reckon they will make an impressive battle line.
 These smaller units are just about passable as hand gunners or crossbowmen.

Each base is 6cmx3cm to give some idea of size. Here's a comparison picture next to a 28mm mini:

'come on lads, we can take him'!!!

 So why the sudden interest in 2mm. Well I was going through some older posts and I found a campaign I almost got around to starting, namely this:


You can read the innital background post Here. I planned to paint more 12mm stuff to represent the different houses but thinking about it two quick to slap together 2mm forces would not only reduce the hassle of painting so much it will also allow for some truly EPIC battles. Right, better put an order in to irregular.......





......'till next time.......






6 comments:

  1. Awesome work - as you say, 2mm allows real sized units. Look great.
    ...and how the heck did I ever miss Lodestar? They're superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's weird, the smaller the scale the bigger the battle, I'm itching to get a table full together. Loadstar are one of my go to bands. They formed out of the ashes of Sensor if you remember them.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you've been busy again Mr Sprinks - love the unit of knights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, the Knights are my favourite too.

      Delete
  3. Well, reading the Title, I thought: "there must be a '0' missing after the '2'..." now my poor eyes are sure, no '0' missing. How could you see what you've painted ?
    And by the way, never heart about Lodestar. .. I was too bus in the 90s to liste to music :) Interesting, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem sir, 2mm are certainly different to paint but very quick and fun in their own way. And surprisingly detailed too. The trick is in making the bases look like they show a large area of ground.

    ReplyDelete