Saturday 16 May 2020

How not to lockdown

Hello all, this will be a ramble, I apologize in advance.


My wife thinks this album is showing its age, so rather appropriate at the mo!.

Well then, my lockdown was going pretty well, not to make light of the fact that we are in isolation due to a global pandemic but taking it from a personal perspective of being basically paid to do hobby stuff just to keep me off the streets. Kind of the making lemonade perspective if you will. I have plenty of hobby stuff planned and was well ahead of where I thought I would be at this time at the start of the year. Then my ageing body went and kicked me in the proverbial. I had one of those fun mornings where you wake up and get out of bed only to find that some part of you really, REALLY HURTS!!!!. So here I sit, my calf muscle swollen and no longer weight bearing robbing me of a golden opportunity to forge ahead with the good stuff!. I'm definitely off work for at least another three weeks and am now likely to be laid up for most of that time under the gaze of the Amazing one who must be listened to at a costs not doing the following fun stuff:

1) playing some more test games of my element based rules (I had my 2mm stuff written up and ready to go!).

2) testing and tinkering about with my latest hobby buy:
A ranky-flanky pile of goodness

It looks like it could be good fun and doesn't require frequently rolling and rerolling a wrist damaging amount of dice to run like other games of its ilk (cough* Warhammer* cough).

3) painting one of three planned fantasy armies or the two innital forces for a new and improved reimagined version of my old 


Campaign, but this time set in a slightly different period that I think will better suit it.

Here's a clue.


So yeah, stuff went and got all slow!. I have my painting area gazing at me accusingly just inside my L.O.S wondering why I don't love it anymore!.

On another note I did manage to take some more pictures for my Stuff I want to get rid of page. This is a page that contains the minis I have admitted to myself I will never have the time to actually paint. Rather than have them gather dust it would be far better to move them on to someone that has a use for them. The last thing I want to do is have masses of unused minis that could be gracing a table somewhere.  The point of the page is to move stuff to a good home not make money so please have a look and grab a proper bargain (honestly an absurdly low offer that will cover postage will be enough providing you have a proper use planned for them).


A couple of the lots on offer, pop along for a gander.

And then I found this which made me chuckle:




........'till next time......










16 comments:

  1. I'll take the Robin Hood figures off your hands Mr Sprinks!
    Sorry to hear about your ailments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will live mate, just getting old that's all!!. You may indeed take the robin hood minis, I have replied to your email. Do you mind if I enquire as to your plans for them?.

      Delete
    2. Some will go to Hyboria, but I also have my own generic fantasy world to populate - too many plans, too little energy!!

      Delete
    3. God I know the feeling, they are great minis for generic lowly medieval types.

      Delete
  2. Maybe heading to the forest! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So these thoughts are actually in order:

    SLayer - and I say this with tears in my 'kin eyes - sound better with female vocals and mad yukelelelelees. I know - I couldn't believe it either. (I also used to manage an office with people like the audience in that vid - I was never allowed to tell anyone to F off ffs)
    I am tempted, sorely, by your wonderful figures - but the missus has put a lockdown on buying more 'little men'. (Does this mean I can buy 54mm I wonder?)
    I always heard oathmark wasn't bad - but looking forward to your new element rules. Can I use my 20mm guv?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I used to work somewhere where acting like that seemed to be part of the uniform. Drove me f'in mental!. And yep you can use any scale you like with the new rules you just need either consistent basing or a devil may care attitude to it. Oh and you could tell the misses the little men are free, I'm only asking for postage!.

      Delete
    2. Yeah - I think her problem is the house coming down with excess sh*t ...that, and I suggested that she should take up pole dancing, as I knew a sound bloke whose Missus was into it ...she hasn't spoken to me since.

      Delete
    3. When my wife's not speaking to me I just put it down to her 'giving it the correct level of thought'!!.

      Delete
  4. Find the best Silage Machines price! silage machine for sale in Pakistan. OLX Pakistan offers online local classified ads for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By a silage machine do you mean a cow?. Your a used cow salesmen on the make are you not?.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nah, I reckon I'll just report the next one as spam and block your comments. Your move 'Smith'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, he tried to sell me a silage machine too? WTF am I going to do with a Pakistani Silage machine? Do they even have silage in Pakistan? This is so confusing.
    (your move Smith ...I love it LOL)

    Now granted, any country desperate enough to combine ancient religions with nuclear weapons, should, in theory, be capable of producing silage machines without silage ...but...I remain unconvinced

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unless of course, it's a 'cycling' machine, and he has a typing impediment?
    ...now I'm interested...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This must go in the podcast!!!
    The title of the podcast now writes itself.
    'The Pakistani Silage Machine'

    ReplyDelete