Tuesday 31 December 2019

2019....odd.....

Well then, this is the first time i have felt compelled to look back over the blogging year that was. Normally i'm content to keep moving on with whichever project i am mucking about with at the time, my focus is rarely on the stuff i have done, more on the bits i plan to do, this year has been a little different.......





......but first!

                                                              'Punky art wank' as a friend once described it.......


So 2019, to review:

   The year started with without doubt the THE WORST BATTLE REPORT I HAVE EVER WRITTEN!. Looking back i cant believe i actually thought it was o.k. to post on the net...it was and is bollocks of the highest order.

Crap, moving on.....

   The start of the year was not all bad. I fleshed out my Olde Albilande setting by coming up with some adaptations for these fine rules:
 And fluffed up the background for two of the shires within the setting. 
 I failed to realize at the time but i was rapidly entering a short period of what alot of peeps have called a loss of hobby Mojo, a general feeling of fuggishness snuffing out my enthusiasm for gaming and blogging....'twas well shite. I spent the rest of the winter under a cloud of notbotheredness not even picking up a mini until a family trip to:

    came around, cue several roller coasters, pool days, theme parks and general R&R and i have to say i returned home with a fair amount of 'pep' in general. Which lead to the impossible.....

a miniature?......with paint on?....wait a mo.....

  Thats right, Wronghammer went technicolour!!. My new found vigor found me trying things i had never considered before, such as painting figures. I had never enjoyed painting before but i found the new more relaxed, more enthusiastic Sprinks actually kind of liked it!. However it was almost derailed by my natural cheepskatery butting heads with the price of miniature paints but that was soon fixed by a quick Google and a Video by some bloke called Luke.
 Thank you Sir , you proud son of the north!.

Which resulted in me going from never painting to mixing a whole home made paintset!.

Another happenstance from the return from the sun was the birth of the newest Wronghammer institution:
 An excuse for me to inflict my poor taste in music on you all EVERY TIME I POST MWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!. You're welcome internet!!!!.

  With me painting again i felt a new project was in order. This was soon almost scuppered by an exploration into the pricing of modern miniatures and the frankly BLOODY NOBBING ASTRONOMICAL cost of getting into 'official' minis for most companies game systems. Cue a challenge:



 The gauntlet was thrown down and duly picked up by some fine fellows who all put their own inspired spin on the completion of said task. Check out the amazing efforts by Maudlin Jack Tar , Springinsfeld and Peter. For my part i made an order to the fantastic .kallistra and over the course of a few months (and for the princely sum of £22.40)  the Black Rats mercenary company were born:

Boo, Hiss....eerrr etc.

  This was a real milestone for me as they were the first army i had ever finished painting! I then failed to start a pastry based fantasy medieval campaign with them...ho hum....(more on this later).

What did happen was my 'wargamers nature' kicked in and i started another project....by revisiting one i had started earlier!:


Only this time i went all out gonzo pike and shotte meets steampunk in a made up historic period that never happened.....in 2mm scale!!.

i never claimed to be sensible!.

The project has turned out to be a huge success in my eyes, i have painted 4 forces so far, adapted an old rule set (g.w.s old epic space marine system) and launched the campaign, two battle reports  have book ended the year, hopefully making up for the crappy one it began with.....

 Crivenshire,
 Tuttinghammeshire,
 Ruckinghammeshire
And Berkshire all completed and ready to go!.

 And thats not all. Today i even managed to finish daubing paint in the vague direction of the last of my Kallistra armies (i've been keeping this one on the back burner):

This lot...more about these in the new year....big plans afoote!!.

 Other things of note from the years bloggery:

 Sniffles

 Sprinting,

 A git (crimson),

 pointing,

  fort(ing),

 flatties,

 grinning,

AIRSHIPS!!!!.......







......and a unicorn shark!.........






      .......'till next year......




8 comments:

  1. All good stuff Mr Sprinks - let's have some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Jack, hopefully I can keep it up next year!.

      Delete
  2. It all makes perfect sense to me.
    I see several sections for the podcast just in what you have written there..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising looking back how much got crammed in to the year, mind you a long ramble about the shittest battle report I have ever done may happen.

      Delete
  3. The pic with your dog and the bags of bods made me laugh..it Looks like a drug bust:-)
    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you mention it it does!!. Well they are highly addictive!. Happy new year.

      Delete
  4. Quite a journey you made this year, so many cool projects with also a bit of sillyness and sometimes some seemingly random distractions. You obviously had a great year, hopefully 2020 will be more of the same.
    Happy New Year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good year, an odd one but looking back I did cover a fair bit of ground. I just hope 2020 will be equally entertaining (and silly!).

      Delete