Tuesday 31 March 2020

Of students, killer frogs and surprises by mail

First a question:
What do me and this lot


Have in common?

I'll give you the answer after this.




I challenge you not to smile!!.

No?, here's a (long winded) clue:

The Young Ones, 'Nasty' (1984)

That's right, we've all been sent denizens of the undead through the post!!. A while ago the legend known as Mr Maudlin Jack Tar offered me some 6mm undead minis that he had spare. Well today the post person of this fine parish delivered said walking dead. It always amazes me the camaraderie and generosity of the wargaming community but when I opened the package I have to say I was truly staggered!. Have a look at all this:

It's enough for an army with plenty left over!. When Jack asked if I wanted them I was expecting a few leftovers from a project not a whole force worth!. So a massive thank you to you sir, what an amazing gift, I just hope I can do them justice on the table!.

 On another note the 6mm Slann are coming together nicely, here's a picture of the force so far

 I love it when the Slann come together!!
 Spawn bands

 Palace guard

 A hero and a mage to lead the (webbed) foot troops.

Telling some half orcs to hop it!.

That's all the basic foot troops done, it's on to the special stuff next. I'm using a mix of the first 3 editions Slann troop types, I have got an irregular miniatures Aztec army pack to build the army so I am shoe horning them all in as best I can!. I have to say the army has been great fun to put together so far and I am itching to get the rest done....more soon......



....'till next time......

7 comments:

  1. AMAZING!
    Jack Tarr strikes again. Legend.
    The Sssslannnn look good. So Dr Who those guys .SSSSsssssssssss
    I am checking the podcast data as we speak.
    We must get Jack the Legend on it.

    'Have we got a video?' might be another good title for the podcast

    I forget our working title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking we should also use a song from that album for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack is indeed a legend, I was gobsmacked when I opened the parcel. The gimme gimmes would be great for the theme, they have done LOADS of stuff so will be fun to pick one! (they do a great rainbow connection!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do a significantly improved version of 'Karma Chameleon' which has just the right amount of 80s nostalgia, and irony - in that we probably all hated it at the time.

      Delete
    2. And the use of the buzzcocks intro adds so much too it too. They also have a version of 'saved the best for last' with pretty vacant as an intro that's great!.

      Delete
  4. You are very welcome Mr Sprinks - I'd rather they were used than just resting in a drawer!
    The spawn of the Frog look very good en masse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks sir,T I really wasn't expecting that amount of minis,certainly they are a horde in the truest sense i will be painting them very soon, they are just the thing to ally with the half orcs as a true tide of evil!.

      Delete