Monday 2 January 2023

More pike, another block of.

    With a return to work looming I managed to get another 15mm pike block done for my Italian wars project. This time its a Swiss one:





 As with the last lot they are all 15mm Venexia miniatures with broom bristle pikes...and lots of flags.

  While I was basing them I decided to do a few extra miniature free bases as spacers to go between the pike and any victims that get in their way on the table, I mean I spent ages painting them (not really true you understand, base coat and oil wash all the way), so I don't want opposing pikes scratching it all off again.



The bases keep them just out of reach from each other while I think looking the part so as to not break the immersion for a simpleton like myself. They also gave me an excuse to get the papal pike out for some pike on pike glamour shots (oh my!). Next on the list is some hand gunners to go with each unit and some swiss halberdiers and Italian militia spears, then on to some french. ..and some landsknects...and another Swiss detachment...not to mention cavalry...at this rate I may get a game in next year!. Anyway...

...'till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment