Monday 6 April 2020

6mm Slann army done!.

 I managed to get in a painting session this morning and as a result I have polished off the last units for my 6mm Slann army. But before we take a look at that....

I can't believe i haven't included this one yet.

Is there any better feeling for us toy soldierists then finally getting an army finished?. Here's the last few bits for the 6mm Slann:


The results of the final push.


The army commander, a Slann Mage Priest on litter carried by lobotimised human slaves. This one is 'as is' from the Aztec army pack from irregular miniatures I'm using for the army (only painted up all 'froggy' obviously). I wanted to replicate the look of the old citadel model of the same.

The one at the bottom of the picture, always found these minis fun.

 Here's another view. I decided he needed a champion along side him, and the army pack came with a base of musicians that I just had to have following him!.

 These are two units of elites, the eagle warriors and Jaguar warriors.


These troops really tie in the Aztec theme of the old army list and are full of crazy character.


Also I thought Clive would get lonely so I painted up another Dino!.


Meet Clara, again 'borrowed' from the Sprinklings and dry brushed to within an inch of her life!.

Fancy a snap of the completed force?


There you go, not that I'm showing off!!. Seriously though I am really enjoying painting  these minis, 6mm is very forgiving which is a massive help for a numpty like me. It's great to be able to knock out a force so quickly due to the unfussy approach the minis encourage, really you are painting for mass effect from 3 foot away, you just pick the least messy strip for the leading rank and hide the mistakes in behind them!.

 Next stop the table, I am messing about with rules at the mo, hopefully I will have something to post on the subject soon.....


....'till next time....

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job Mr Sprinks - Clara's compliments the Army very nicely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta muchly sir, she will look great slowly chewing on some orcs I reckon!

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic sir.
    LOVING the Litter and the Stegosaurus.
    Looking forward to seeing them in battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta very much sir, hopefully a game will be happening soon.

      Delete
  3. Hi, excellent work, and Aaargh (jealousy crisis on this side of the channel), a complete army with bases !!!
    Congratulations. One of these days, I hope to find strength to Caesar lizardmen and old toys into saurus riders.

    ReplyDelete