Tuesday 14 April 2020

Just call me Arfa

  Arfa Job that is. I appear to have started a few bits but so far not managed to finish any...sort of...

But first:


Let's all have a nice bit of the Clash shall we?.

This is a bit odd, it's been a week since my last post. Normally this would be a perfectly acceptable amount of time between posts, but with the current happenings about the place it feels like an absolute age!. I have been busy however.

I started by clearing out the conservatory here at Chez Sprinks', that has up until now be affectionately known as 'the shitehole'. Every house has a room or space of some kind that becomes the designated dumping area, a place where things that come under the loose heading of 'iwillworkoutwheretoputitinthefardistantfuture'are placed awaiting 're-distribution' some time or another. Well round this gaff it was the good old conservatory. This has now been gutted, cleaned and transformed  into an area featuring a sofa, dart board and one of those 5 in 1 games tables for the kids

This type of thing.

Which by a startling coincidence gives me a rather handy surface for gaming on that also  happens to have best natural light in the house.
You will be pleased to note that I have taken immediate advantage of this!.



The new board has been christened and 6mm forces blooded. This was ment to be for a battle report but my phone battery had other ideas and gave up the ghost as things started to get interesting!. The game was a test game for some new rules for the forces I am putting together which I have yet to write. I will hopefully soon get them down and post them in whatever state they are in. The plan being I will edit, change and adapt them as they are tested.
Also I have started work on my next 6mm force for my 
Project, where I am attempting to put together discarded forces from the early days of Warhammer. The next force being:


 They very much vanished by 4th edition, various sea themed elf types continued in the lore but sea elves as a thing were gone. Now I'm not a huge elf fan but I can get behind an elf merchant company aggressively opening new markets and protecting trade routes and generally being a bit more hands on and down to earth than the aloof elves of the rest of the Warhammer canon. So I have got an irregular miniatures 6mm elf army pack and have been working through it, this is the sum of my efforts so far:

 The gang as things stand.

 The core of spears and archers.

 Some scouts, known as Seekers in 3rd edition. As they are ment to range ahead of the main force I went with clothing that would let them blend in to the settings flora.

I even had a bash at a camo pattern on their capes. Not sure I pulled it off but at 6mm who's going to know?. Hopefully I will have the force table ready soon.





....till next time.....

6 comments:

  1. Another fine looking force Mr Sprinks, and The Clash - good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers sir, you can never go wrong with a bit of the Clash.

      Delete
  2. Excellent. The lighting really makes a big difference. Looking forward to the elves and fighting.
    More Clash please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers muchly. The lighting really is a huge help. I must admit I have been digging out my old Clash albums of late.

      Delete
  3. Nice suggestions as everything which appears Here!! Glad to see sprinks activity fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, it feels like I've been busy!.

      Delete