Sunday 26 April 2020

Bloke-Giant, Giant-Bloke

Just a quickie to show off what I managed to slap paint on between occupying the Sprinklings. But first:

It feels like a Ramones day!.

I thought I might add to my 12mm forces today by using some of my 1:72 minis. 'But Sprinks' they are much to big next to 12mm figures' I hear you cry...and you are as right as ever. But, as Dr P.P. Dolvinsononon states in his seminal tome 'Creatures Wilde and wired, a study into the downright mental mistakes of the almighty' (that I just made up):

' What is this odd beast known as the Demi-Giant?, ' tis best described as what happens when Giants and humans get royally pissed up together'.

So taking his word for it I knock out these:

 A unit of Demi-Giants for each of my medieval fantasy human forces.

 Giant, Demi-Giants, Blokes.

A scrap.  When will they learn!.

I think they came out ok, they certainly add more flavour to the setting if nothing else. I wonder if i could get away with doing an army of them?......



....'till next time....

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes you can't resist the pull of the 20mm - nice units Mr Sprinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, I always seem to go back to 20mm, they just got so many roles.

      Delete
  2. Wow - they do go remarkably well together. Excellent ideas.
    Much lore to be discussed about demi-giants too. A bit like the 'frost gianst's daughter' in Conan and stuff.
    I suspect a human mother might need a caesarean section tho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'shudder' there are various size issues that just don't bear thinking about!!.

      Delete
    2. Yeah - that's what I was kinda thinking without saying lol

      Delete
    3. Very interesting comment Dic de Robin, I love that old Frost Giant's Daughter Conan short tale... I thought several times making some small diorama of that with my figures, maybe I should go on...

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry my dese Sprinks, I can only see Here a very tall Warrior and some men at arms allied with a big host of halflings or Liliput warriors ... I am too much 1,72 addicted!

    Jokes apart, congratulations for the great looking of your medieval diverse size-mixed army, It Will perform and fight un a superb way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sceavus, I'm sure if you oil at it another way it's a normal soldier with dwarves and halflings!. I hope to get them on the table soon so we will see how they do.

    ReplyDelete